Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Seen with my dolls!

  1. #21
    mistee_magic
    Guest mistee_magic's Avatar

    Wink

    I'm definitely going to bring Kirsten when we go to New Zealand this summer. I only know family and a few friends there, and they won't mind me carring Kirsten around.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 26, 2005 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Ellie R. ]</font>

  2. #22
    Inactive Member kitschywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    394
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Stasia says you all need to get off your duffs and just do it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    StasiaSaysHi

    Think of the bored dolls, people! [img]mad.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 26, 2005 01:13 PM: Message edited by: kitschywoman ]</font>

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LOLOLOLOL Yes, Bored Dolls are PATHETIC! Almost as bad as bored cats! Wouldn't you be surprised if one of your dolls leaned over and rolled your pen off the table to get your attention? Or -- like my dog used to do -- showed up next to the chair you're watching TV from carrying her coat in her mouth? Take me OUT please!!!!

  4. #24
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MaryCarly:
    I took my dolls out and it was wonderful!

    Here is my version of a "Seen with my dolls" manual:

    Take your dolls out and stride boldy through posing and picture taking. Take many pics of each pose from every angle. Take the time to adjust the doll's body or clothes. If you feel like a professional then you will look like one. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Proudly tell everyone you see that you are contributing to a worldwide website. Tell them that you are part of a wonderful group of people that are using dolls to create a historical and cultural record for children of all ages all over the world. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Everyone knows that there is nothing drier and more uninteresting than history, geography, and sociology texts for children. Tell them that you are on a mission to spark interest and understanding across the globe. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Tell them one tenth of what I just said and watch their faces light up. Ask them if they would like to be part of your project? Most will be honored to smile and pose with your doll. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    I know this is true because it happened to me over and over again, even at the grocery store and the post office. Give people a chance. If you are happy and confident, people will want to be part of it. Hold your head up high and remember that you are more than a doll photographer, you are an ambassador! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Mary

    P.S. My teenage daughter suggests that you start someplace where no one knows you. LOL I think that is good advice. Sometimes it is easier to begin among strangers, though you might want to bring along a friend for moral support or doll support. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    If you don't have a friend that can help you then ask an acquaintance. Who knows, you might make a new friend for you and your dolls.

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ January 25, 2005 10:42 PM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I do....or try to do!

  5. #25
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    Well! I see there have been plenty of good replies! Now I feel ready to face the world!
    Here we come!
    No more bored dolls (poor things have been shelf bound for oh so long!)

  6. #26
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL...well my Felicity certainly isn't bored! Just take a look at my albums...Felicity's been to Williamsburg four times, AGP more than I'd like to count [img]redface.gif[/img] ...but I DEFINITELY won't take her anywhere I could be recognized! I agree that obscure places like vacations are much safer than around the neighborhood. [img]smile.gif[/img] Be brave...and have an excuse like "project for class" closeby! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    go for it! Don't be embarassed! I take my girls places that pertain to them like Williamsburg, a pow wow, etc. I found that when I took the travelling dolls out people thought it was cool that they were travelling. I even took Jessie and Susanna on a walk around the neighborhood a few times and they went trick or treating and met the neighbors!

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Tinuviel_156's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2004
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm an 18-year-old myself and I'm finding that you really need to be self-assured if you're going to make your way in the world. So if you're afraid to be yourself, that's a sign that you're not self-assured. If dolls are an important and wonderful part of your life, then take them out with you! Do things with them! Let everyone see you with dolls. Because they are part of who you are. Anyone who thinks you are stupid because you play dolls is beneath you because they are judging you. They are probably skeptical because they would never have the courage to do it themselves.
    Greta

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Brava for the Put a Bold Face On It approach! I always take my dolls with me when I'm driving somewhere -- at least one or two -- and many times the whole purpose of the trip is to set up a photo shoot in a new setting. I know that when I was a teenager, my dolls were definitely a private thing. I think that's fine for those difficult years. But after you're out of college, it's Your Life, Baby! Get out there and have fun with it!!!!

    I do write children's books -- I just don't look for a publisher for them -- so my standard line is always, "I write books and illustrate them with my own photographs." It's true. And I use tripods and doll stands, and have a huge professional-looking camera bag bulging with lenses, etc. so I get away with it. Believe me, if a past-55, short, overweight gray-haired lady can carry her dolls and bears around proudly, You Can!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •